Corporate support can play a vital role in helping Birkbeck meet the needs of our community and students, and we are keen to establish strategic partnerships with corporations and create mutually beneficial relationships.
Donating to Birkbeck
- Donations from corporate partners help us provide talented but needy students with financial support through bursaries and scholarships, build the College estate and maintain our reputation for world class teaching and research.
- Find out more about our current fundraising priorities and how your business can support Birkbeck.
Getting staff involved
- An increasing number of employers are using charitable giving as part of successful employee relations programmes. This could include:
- joining your staff in designating Birkbeck as your annual charity
- supporting staff who want to give regularly, by introducing payroll giving (PAYE), whereby donations are deducted from an employee's pay before tax is calculated
- gift matching any donations made by your staff to their chosen charity
- Companies can get tax relief on gifts of money, shares, land, buildings, equipment or trading stock to UK charities (including universities).
- Businesses can claim corporate tax relief when they give money as either a single, one-off gift or as a regular gross donation (before tax is deducted). These donations are deducted from the total profits of your business when calculating corporation tax.
- Giving certain shares, securities, buildings and land also attracts tax relief, in addition to the relief companies may be able to claim when calculating capital gains tax.
- Find out more about claiming corporation tax relief on donations
Other opportunities for corporate support
- Birkbeck’s active calendar of events include annual Arts, Business, Law and Science Weeks as well as cinema screenings, lectures, discussions and talks. These provide a prominent opportunity to promote your business to new and existing customers.
- Contact us to discuss sponsorship opportunities with organisers of upcoming events.
Benefits for alumni
- Birkbeck graduates and students have access to a range of benefits, offers and discount services from our corporate partners. We are always happy to discuss opportunities for local and national businesses to promote special offers or deals to alumni and students.
- Check our existing list of businesses offering discounts.
- Contact us to see how we can help your business.
Find out more
If you would like to talk to us about supporting Birkbeck, please contact our Development Office.