London Critical Theory Summer School
26 June - 7 July 2017
‘A feeling of reinvigoration and dynamism…permeates the whole atmosphere’ 2015 Participant
Run by the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities, the London Critical Theory Summer School provides a unique opportunity for graduate students and academics to follow a two-week course of day-time study with internationally renowned critical thinkers.
Each year the teaching staff consists of world-class academics from Birkbeck and specially invited international scholars.
‘Excellent calibre of speaker and I really appreciated their level of engagement with students’ 2016 Participant
This year the Summer School takes place from 26 June - 7 July and the participating critical thinkers are:
- Drucilla Cornell, Rutgers University
- Costas Douzinas, Birkbeck, University of London
- Stephen Frosh, Birkbeck, University of London
- Paul Gilroy, King's College London
- Esther Leslie, Birkbeck University of London
- Catherine Malabou, Kingston University
- Jacqueline Rose, Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities
- Slavoj Žižek, Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities
The initial application deadline has now passed, but you are welcome to apply for the waiting list.