Departmental resources and handbooks
Scroll down for your course handbook which should have the answers to most of your questions. You can also contact your programme tutor or administrator for help. Other useful links and downloads are below.
- Mitigating circumstances procedure and application form
- Gordon Square cafe
- Gordon Square cinema
- Past exam papers
- Academic support is provided by your tutor or programme convenor. You can also contact your administrator with any questions. Otherwise, the My Birkbeck site is your gateway to student support services within the college. Some quick links that might be useful are below:
Certificates and short courses
- (BA) History of Art.
: successful completion of this course provides exemption from the first year of our
- relevant if you are working, or would like to work, in the visual arts; provides a stimulating and enriching intellectual challenge if you are studying for personal development.
- if you want to study history of art or a similar course at Master's level but have a first degree in another subject, then this one-year intensive course can be used as a conversion course.
Download the History of Art and Architecture (Graduate Certificate) handbook here.
Download the History of Art (MA) handbook here.
helps you prepare for further postgraduate work or for progression to careers in arts-related fields.
- this course offers you a unique opportunity to study the history, and operations of museums in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
Download the History of Art with Photography (MA) handbook here.
This programme enables you to learn about – and negotiate your individual path through – historical and contemporary photographic cultures, in order to develop your interests, whether your engagement with the medium is academic, artistic, personal or vocational.