How can I help?
Volunteering and mentoring are rewarding and productive ways to get involved with everyday life at Birkbeck, providing invaluable support to prospective or current students and giving something back to the College.
Volunteer at a Birkbeck open evening
- Alumni volunteers regularly attend the Birkbeck open evenings to talk to prospective students about what it is like to study at Birkbeck.
- By talking to potential students, you may inspire them to take advantage of the opportunities that Birkbeck has to offer. Since you completed your course at Birkbeck successfully, your experience may help a potential student to think about how they might manage their time, how studies might affect their career or life, and even how to organise their finances.
Giving 'My Experience' talks to new students
- Birkbeck now offers an annual orientation event for new students, and we are always looking for alumni to talk to our new students.
Alumni mentoring scheme
- The School of Law and the Alumni team have developed an alumni mentoring programme with the aim of providing additional support to students experiencing academic difficulties during their second year on the LLB course. These students have been identified by the School of Law as the most likely to drop out of their studies, or under perform in exams.
- We are now looking for enthusiastic and committed LLB graduates who wish to volunteer as alumni mentors and help a new generation of Law students reach their full potential.
- To become a mentor download the Mentor application form and send the completed form to
Donate to Birkbeck while you shop via our affiliate links
- Every time you shop using the Birkbeck affiliate links, the retailer donates 3-10% of the sale price to the Alumni Fund.
- Select an affiliate link (see the full list on the right).
- Shop as you normally would.
- Tell your friends and family. The more people shop through our affiliate links, the more money the Alumni Fund receives.
- For Birkbeck to receive a percentage of the sale price, you must always go via the Birkbeck link. If you initially go via our links to browse a website but don't buy anything and then later go directly to the website to shop, we will not receive any money for that transaction.
- To make it even easier for you, you can save the web address into your favourites and it is no longer necessary to use our links. Go to the website via you favourites and we will still receive a percentage of your transaction. For more detailed instructions of how to do this, please click here.
- There is no limit to the amount of times you can shop via our links, so the more you use them, the more you raise for the Alumni Fund.
- You receive no extra discounts (other than those offered by the retailer) for using these links. It is purely another way to give to the Alumni Fund, without actually donating money yourself.
If you would like to get involved or would like more information on any of the above, please contact us.