Groups and networks
Completing your course at Birkbeck does not mean that you have to say goodbye. You can stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones by joining a professional or subject network. We also have active alumni groups in countries around the world.
International Alumni groups
- We have active alumni groups across the globe:
- Australia - email David Lawson
- China - email Luyao Weng
- Cyprus - email Sotiris Themistokleous
- Ghana - email Kojo Addo-Kufuor
- India - email Vishal Shah
- Japan - email Noriko Akiho-Toyoda
- Jordan - email Hania Abu Adas
- Mexico - email Diana Martinez
- Pakistan - email Sidra Zulfiqar
- Saudi Arabia - email Dan Rieser
- Slovenia - email Christina Ovsenik
- South Korea - email Sangduk Suh
- Switzerland - email Naël Shehadeh
- Thailand - email Panadda Unyapho
- USA - New York - email Nuala Moreau
- USA - Washington DC - email Sara Raab.
- If you would like to volunteer to start an alumni group in your country or region, then please email us.
Birkbeck Counselling Association
- Graduates from Birkbeck's counselling courses, diploma level and above, are eligible to become members of the Birkbeck Counselling Association.
Birkbeck Financial Engineering Society
- Members of the Birkbeck Financial Engineering Society can meet like-minded professionals face-to-face in London to share knowledge and experience.
Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies
- Membership is open to Birkbeck alumni who graduated in Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies (CRMS). To join the group and receive a newsletter and information about future events, please contact us.
- Hubbub is a monthly reading event showcasing new writers from Birkbeck’s creative writing courses, as well as established authors.
London Art History Society (affiliated to Birkbeck History of Art Society)
- The London Art History Society is affiliated to the Birkbeck History of Art Society and is for those who wish to widen their knowledge of the subject.
London International Development Centre
- The London International Development Centre brings together social and natural scientists from across the University of London's six Bloomsbury colleges to facilitate interdisciplinary research and training to tackle complex problems in international development.
University of London Extra-mural Literature Association
- The University of London Extra-Mural Literature Association welcomes all literature enthusiasts - with or without formal qualifications.