Alumni groups and networks
Completing your course at Birkbeck does not mean that you have to say goodbye to your Birkbeck friends. You can stay in touch with old friends and meet new friends and contacts by joining a professional or subject network.
Subject / professional networks
- Birkbeck Alumni History of Art Society: This is a Society of past and present Birkbeck Continuing Education students of Art History who wish to widen their knowledge of the subject. It is however open to all those who share this interest.
- Birkbeck Counselling Association: Graduates from Birkbeck's Counselling courses, diploma level and above, are eligible to become members of the Birkbeck Counselling Association.
- Birkbeck Financial Engineering Society: As a member, you can meet other similar professionals face-to-face in London share your knowledge and experience with others.
- writLOUD: a monthly readings event showcasing both new writers from Birkbeck’s Creative Writing courses and established authors
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies: Read the first issue of the quarterly e-newsletter: Issue 1 - June 2010: Membership to this group is open to Birkbeck alumni who graduated in Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies (CRMS). To join the group and receive a newsletter and information about future events, please contact us.
- University of London Extra-mural Literature Association (ULEMLA): All literature enthusiasts - with or without formal qualifications - are welcome to ULEMLA.
- London International Development Centre (LIDC): facilitates interdisciplinary research and training to tackle complex problems in international development brining together social and natural scientists from across the University of London's six Bloomsbury Colleges.
- writLOUD: writLOUD is a monthly readings event showcasing both new writers from Birkbeck’s Creative Writing courses and established authors.
Birkbeck international groups
- You can make new contacts and friends with fellow Birkbeck graduates in your country. We currently have networks in Greece and Japan as well as the events organised by the British Council.
- Africa: There is a small but active network of Birkbeck graduates who live in Africa. The majority of the networking is done online via the Facebook group. Join the Birkbeck alumni Africa Facebook group.
- Japan: The Birkbeck Alumni Japan group is an active online network for Japan-based alumni which communicates through a google group. They regularly advertise University of London alumni drop-in parties and other social events such as the London Daigaku Kai in Hibiya. If you are interested in hosting a meeting in Japan, please contact us.
- Greece: The Birkbeck Greek Alumni group is a recently formed network of alumni intended for those who either live or work in Greece, or who are keen to stay in touch with Greek culture. For more information about the group, information about how to join and how to organise a reunion, please contact us.
If you would like to discuss any of these options, please do contact us.