- A quantitative and phenomenological approach to understanding neurofeedback. (with V. Eatough) School of Science Research Grant, 1 March - 31 July 2014.
- The temporal dynamics of hypothesis generation and maintenance. (with R. Thomas and N. Lange) National Science Foundation SES-1024650, 1 September 2010 - 31 August 2014.
- Decision and memory: the effect of stopping rules on memory use. (with M. Dougherty and J. Harbison) National Science Foundation BCS-1030831, 1 September 2010 - 31 August 2014.
- Semantic inhibition through short term retention. British Academy SG-54155, 1 October 2009 - 31 March 2010.
- Investigating attentional control. Faculty of Science, 1 February 2008 - 30 April 2008.
- Behavioral studies on the dynamics of memory and selective attention. (with M. Usher and H. Müller). Faculty of Science, 1 January 2007 - 31 July 2007.
- Individual differences in memory and language: executive control and short-term memory capacity. (with M. Usher). British Academy SG-38634, 1 August 2004 - 31 December 2004.
- Investigating semantic inhibition due to short-term retention of words. Economic and Social Research Council RES-000-22-0655, 1 April 2004 - 28 February 2005.
- The role of short-term memory in language processing. Economic and Social Research Council T026271312, 1 March 2003 - 31 March 2004.