Skip to main content

Student accommodation

While the majority of our students decide to live in private accommodation, we also offer student accommodation. Birkbeck students can access places in the University of London's Intercollegiate Halls. Please note that accommodation in London is in high demand at the moment and we recommend that you secure yours as soon as possible. You can consult the London Rents Map for an overview of rent rates for different areas. Our Bloomsbury campus is well connected by public transport links. 

You may opt to reside outside central London for more budget-friendly accommodation options. However, it is important to only consider choices that allow you to commute to campus for scheduled in-person academic activities, particularly if you're an international student under a Student visa, mandated to attend on-campus studies. We do not recommend students live outside of London. 

You can access the University of London's Housing Services (ULHS), the dedicated Private Housing Service, which offers a range of services to assist and support students, including advice on a range of areas, including accommodation contract checking.

Contact us

If you have any queries about accommodation, please