Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Study (Graduate Diploma)
Programme status: Fully Approved
This is a bridging course between undergraduate and postgraduate study which aims to prepare you for Master's study in a UK university by helping you:
- develop postgraduate study skills to enable you to successfully transition to a Master's degree
- develop an appropriate level of understanding of the subject area you wish to study at postgraduate level
- improve your language proficiency and competence through content-oriented learning and practice in real-life communication
- become familiar with the UK higher education system, including teaching styles, new ways of learning, the importance of research, and assessment methods
- gain confidence in independent study - an essential part of Master's study in the UK
- experience British culture
- develop professional communication skills for working in international contexts.
The programme aims to achieve a good balance between challenge and support. In addition to structured learning, extra-curricular activities (i.e. social and cultual activities, workplace visits, employability workshops) are planned to facilitate your career planning, cultural learning and intercultural friendships.