Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Study (Graduate Diploma)
Programme status: Fully Approved
This is a bridging course between undergraduate and postgraduate study. It aims to prepare you for Master's study in a UK university in the following areas:
- To develop postgraduate study skills to enable you to successfully transition to Master's study.
- To develop an appropriate level of understanding of the subject area you wish to study at postgraduate level.
- To improve language proficiency and competence through content-oriented learning and practice in real-life communication.
- To enable you to become familiar with the UK higher education system, including teaching styles, new ways of learning, the importance of research, and assessment methods.
- To gain confidence in independent study - an essential part of Master's study in the UK.
- To experience British culture.
- To develop professional communication skills for working in international contexts.
The programme aims to achieve a good balance between challenge and support. In addition to structured learning, extra-curricular activities (i.e. social and cultual activities, workplace visits, employability workshops) are planned to facilitate students' career planning, cultural learning, and intercultural friendships.