Proof of student status / awards
If you are a current student or have completed your course, we can provide you with a letter confirming your status. We aim to respond to all requests within five working days.
If you have completed your course
- Once your final result has been formally approved, we can provide you with a letter confirming the result (for example, if you have applied for a job before the degree certificate has been issued and you require proof of your award).
- You should complete the and return it to the .
- Only if the 'My Awards' section of My Birkbeck contains details of your award will you be able to request the letter. Before this point, any letter produced will only state that you are due to be awarded, pending satisfactory completion of assessments.
- There is no charge for this service.
If you are a current student
- If you are still studying and require proof of your status as a student, you should complete a student certificate request form and return it to the Student Advice Service.
If you are a third party seeking to confirm information
- If you are an employer/employment agency or any other third party looking to obtain study information regarding a previous or current student at Birkbeck (not including individual module marks), you will need to provide us with a signed declaration from the candidate authorising us to release their information to you. Without this signed declaration, we will not be able to process your request.
- You may or fax the details to us at +44 (0) 20 7380 3092 for the attention of the Examinations and Assessment Office.