Entitlement to refund

To find out if you are entitled to a refund, please check our Fees policy.

How refunds are paid to you

We calculate your fee payment on a termly basis, in accordance with the Birkbeck fees policy. If you decide to withdraw from your studies, but you have made a payment above what you are due to pay, we will apply any refund owed to you as a credit to your student record. However, if you would prefer to receive the refund as payment, you must contact the Income Office to arrange this.

Date of withdrawal

The date of withdrawal for fees purposes will be the date that you notify the College of your withdrawal via My Birkbeck, unless your academic department has confirmed in writing an earlier last date of attendance.

Contact us if you would like more information.