These are some of the questions we are asked most frequently about making an application to Birkbeck. If you have a question that is not addressed below, please book onto a workshop, where you can meet staff and hear more about applying to Birkbeck and preparing for study.
Dates and deadlines
- When do I apply for UCAS courses?
- When do I apply for part-time courses?
- Is there a closing date for UCAS applications?
- Is there a closing date for part-time applications?
Your personal statement
- When writing your personal statement, how do you talk about your personal, professional and academic achievements?
- I am applying for a full-time undergraduate degree: should I say why I am applying to Birkbeck?
- I am applying for a part-time undergraduate degree: should I say why I am applying to Birkbeck?
- I have a disability. Should I mention it in the personal statement?
The applications process
- What is the selection process? Will I need to attend an interview?
- What happens to your application once you submit it?
- How long does the application process normally take?
- I started at another university but didn’t complete - will Birkbeck look unfavourably on that?