Accommodation for Clearing applicants
If you've recently secured a place through Clearing at Birkbeck, this page will tell you all you need to know about accommodation.
Nominated rooms in partner halls
- While Birkbeck does not own halls of residence, a number of rooms are reserved for Birkbeck students in partner halls of residence.
- Applications are now closed. Students who applied before 25 August may be contacted up to 31 August 2017 should a room become available. No offer of accommodation will be made by the Birkbeck Accommodation office after this date.
- Demand for nominated rooms usually exceeds supply; therefore, we cannot guarantee that every applicant will be offered a room.
University of London waiting list
- The University of London Accommodation Services will open a waiting list between 12pm on 1 September and 10am on 2 September. They will be offering rooms in the intercollegiate halls.
Private and charitable halls
- London has a variety of independent private halls of residence, offering a large range of accommodation from dorms to flats.
- You must apply directly to the halls for a space. Applications are usually dealt with on a first-come first-served basis.
University of London’s Housing Services (ULHS) - Help with private accommodation
- If you prefer to rent in the private sector your first point of call should be the University of London’s Housing Services, which is based in Student Central, next door to our main building on Malet Street. ULHS offers a range of services to assist and support students who are looking for and living in private accommodation. Their database includes properties from private landlords as well as letting agents.
- ULHS’s house-hunting days are a great way to start your search for private accommodation. Book your place for this popular event taking place on 15 and 18 September 2017.
- The experienced Housing Advice Team offers a contract checking service; you can have your tenancy agreement checked before you sign it. They also provide legal advice for those who are experiencing problems with private accommodation such as disputes with landlords.
- The ULHS Private Housing Guide provides information about finding, securing and overcoming problems with private student accommodation in London.