Close to 7000 students study with us each year, at all levels. As one of the largest schools at Birkbeck, we have a lot to offer our students:
- Our University of London courses are taught by world-class academics who are as passionate about their subjects as you are.
- We provide part-time taught courses at all levels and full-time courses at postgraduate level - for those students who wish to complete their courses more quickly.
- You can undertake independent research as a part-time or full-time student, leading to a University of London MPhil or PhD. You can find out more about support we provide for research students here.
- Our students, staff and research collaborators enjoy an intellectually challenging and dynamic environment for work and study, with a vibrant programme of seminars, lectures, workshops and debates conducted through our research centres, and the Birkbeck Institute for Social Research and Birkbeck Institute for Humanities.
- You can choose to study courses in the following subject areas: