- Screening of Doméstica (Housemaids) and Q&A with film director Gabriel Mascaro, panel discussant, LSE, London, January 2013.
'Andean Textiles and Cultural Imagery in a Digital Age', 2nd Impact Workshop, IGRS, Senate House, London, May 2012.
'The Life of High Rises', panel discussant, Open City Docs event, RADA, London, May 2012.
'Exploring weaving structures in the Andes: reflections on the creation of a digital archive', Digital Hispanisms panel, AHGBI Annual Conference, Stirling, April 2012.
'Claude Lévi-Strauss and Aloha Baker in Mato Grosso: Framing the Bororo', Centre for Latin American Studies, Cambridge, November 2011; Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, University of Manchester, February 2012; Latin America Research Group (LARG), Royal Holloway, University of London, May 2012.
- 'A Tropical Papageno: Claude Lévi-Strauss and Roberto Ipureu in Mato Grosso, Brazil', Agents of Transculturation: Border-Crossers, Mediators, Go-Betweens Symposium, Rostock, September 2011.
- ‘Typification, exoticism and the blurring of disciplinarity: visualizing the “Bororo”,’ Order’s other histories: revisiting South America Symposium, London, November 2010.
- ‘Geographical exploration and the moving image: the Hamilton Rice Expedition to the Amazon, 1924-25’, Meadows School’s Comini Art History Lecture Series, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, September 2010.
- ‘Exploração geográfica e filme documentário: a expedição Amazônica de Alexander Hamilton Rice, 1924-25’, ECA - USP, São Paulo, August 2010.
- ‘Brazil’s gift: coffee, modernity and the Brazilian image world’, College Art Association 98th Annual Meeting, Chicago, February 2010.
- ‘Humboldt’s impasse: the mapping of the Amazon’, Alexander von Humboldt and America Workshop, The British Academy, London, November 2009.
- ‘Vision, Technology and the Mapping of the Amazon’, Hidden Histories of Exploration Workshop, Royal Geographical Society with IBG, November 2009.
- ‘Documentary Film and Photography in the Making of Historical Geographies: The Case of the Hamilton Rice Expedition to the Amazon, 1924-25’, Historical Geography Research Group Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London, November 2009.
- ‘Bittersweet images: coffee, landscape and modernity in Brazil’, American Tropics: Towards a Literary Geography Conference, University of Essex, July 2009 and Centre for Latin American Studies, Cambridge, November 2009.