Our vision is:
- To be a leader in public engagement within the higher education sector, building on Birkbeck's founding principles of reaching non-traditional learners and providing access to knowledge for all.
- To engage a wide and diverse range of people with the research undertaken at Birkbeck.
- To improve research proposals by providing professional advice on public engagement during the proposal planning and writing process.
- For all staff and students to recognise the benefits of public engagement as a tool for personal development and a means of raising Birkbeck's research and public profile.
In particular, we aim to:
- Enable Birkbeck researchers and professional staff to see public engagement as integral to work at Birkbeck, recognising the benefits to the individual and to the university.
- Provide a central point of support and contact to facilitate collaboration, shared best practice and networking.
- Support and extend the aims of the College's research strategy and other, wider strategies.
- Celebrate quality public engagement.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of public engagement activities against the College's aims and objectives.