5.1 Students who wish to proceed to a degree are required to register as internal students. Application for registration must be made through the College.
5.2 Except with the special permission of the College:
- an internal student will not be permitted to register concurrently for more than one degree, diploma or certificate or for any combination of these awards of this University
- nor will any person be registered as an internal student of the University while registered as a student for the equivalent qualification of any other university or other institution
- nor will any person, except with special permission of the College, be admitted as a candidate to any examination leading to an award of this University, who has been admitted as a candidate for examination leading to the comparable award of another university or other institution, unless (s)he has pursued separate prescribed courses leading to the examinations concerned.
5.3 No student who is registered as an external student or as an associate student may be registered concurrently as an internal student.
5.4 Except with special permission of the Academic Board:
- a person who has entered or re-entered an examination for a first or higher degree, diploma or certificate of the University of London will not be permitted to register for another degree, diploma or certificate of the University, until the examination requirements for the degree entered or reentered are completed
- an internal student registered for one degree, diploma or certificate will not be permitted to enter or re-enter the examination for another degree, diploma or certificate of the University.