10. Regulations for credit transfer: students registered for first degrees of the University undertaking study elsewhere
The following provisions are not applicable in respect of students registered under the Regulations for advanced students (section 11) or the Regulations for students transferring to the University to complete a first degree (section 12).
10.1 These Regulations may be applicable at the discretion of the College in respect of any student registered for a First degree.
10.2 The College may permit a student to spend not more than one year of his/her course, other than the first year, in another institution of University status in the United Kingdom or abroad and may exempt him/her from the University of London courses that would have been taken in that year or part thereof provided:
- that the institution has been approved for this purpose by the Academic Board; and
- that in the opinion of the student’s teachers the study carried out in that institution forms a coherent whole with the remainder of the course; and
- that any arrangements for the assessment of the student’s performance at examinations in respect of the courses followed at that institution to be accepted in lieu of the prescribed University of London examinations have been approved for this purpose by the Academic Board.
10.3 Examination exemptions and credits may be granted in accordance with paragraphs 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 below but shall be subject to the following:
- the conditions specified in paragraph 10.2 above; and
- a maximum exemption from examinations for courses to a value of four course-units or from those elements of the examination which the student would have taken in the year or part thereof (s)he spent at another institution; and
- the requirement that the standard attained by the student is at least equivalent to that achieved by a student following the normal course.
10.4 For students registered for a degree course under course-unit or College-sponsored Regulations, the College shall determine what exemptions (if any) from College examinations may be granted to the student.
10.5 For students registered for a degree under University-sponsored Regulations, the relevant University Board of Studies shall determine on application from the College what exemptions (if any) from University of London examinations may be granted to the student.
10.6 The relevant Board of Examiners shall determine what marks or grades (if any) shall be credited to the student by virtue of the assessment made in lieu of the prescribed College or University of London examinations.