Resources and training
As a research student in the Department, you will be supported by close individual supervision supplemented by a rich programme of research seminars.
Seminars and training
- You will be expected to attend the seminars put on by the Birkbeck Institute for Social Research and additional research seminars run by the Department.
- Training and events are also provided by the Birkbeck Institute for Gender Studies, the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities, and the Centre for Religion and Contemporary Society.
- Birkbeck also offers generic training in research methods.
- We have excellent links with leading international researchers, and our students will usually have the opportunity to engage with leading thinkers in their field during their time with us.
- Where possible teaching opportunities are offered to our advanced PhD students.
- Library resources for our postgraduate students are strong across all subject areas relevant to the Department's work. In addition to Birkbeck's own library, there are a number of other major libraries within close walking distance of Birkbeck, including the Senate House library and the British Library.
- The Department also has strong links with a number of external organizations, including leading psychotherapeutic training bodies.