What can I study?
- Students entering the UK on a student visa are eligible to apply for the following full-time programmes:
- MA Culture, Diaspora, Ethnicity
- MA Psychosocial Studies
- MSc Psychoanalysis, History and Culture
- MPhil/PhD Psychosocial Studies
- Some international students are eligible to study part-time, or carry out a research degree by mixed mode study. Find out if you are eligible on our international students' website.
Funding your studies
- Research students: we support suitable international PhD applicants in applying for the Overseas Research Scheme (ORS) and other relevant scholarship schemes. Read more about research funding.
- Master's students: read about funding and scholarships for international students
- International students at Birkbeck are prioritised for University of London accommodation. Read more about Birkbeck's accommodation options for international students.
- Our full-time Master's, MPhil and PhD students are eligible for accommodation in one of the various intercollegiate halls of residence situated throughout the London area. Some of these offer accommodation for married couples and families.
London Semester Programme
- The Birkbeck London Semester Programme offers an opportunity for international students to study at Birkbeck for one semester during their degree.
- The Programme offers an exciting range of modules across the humanities and social sciences.
- The college is in the heart of the Bloomsbury district of London which is a great base for exploring the city. Find out more about the London Semester Programme.
Use the map below to view entry requirements, events and key contacts for your country:
Can't find your country here? We still welcome your interest and would encourage you to look at the following pages: