Visiting academic staff
Professor Erica Burman
- Co-director of the Discourse Unit, Group Analyst - Member of the Institute of Group Analysis, College of Psychoanalysts, British Psychological Society, and from 1 May 2013 taking up a position as Professor of Education at Manchester University.
- Research interests: critical theories of development and education; feminist theory and activism; childhood, fantasy and memory
Professor Judith Butler
- Visiting Professor for the MA Psychosocial Studies
- Maxine Elliott Professor of Rhetoric and Comparative Literature, University of California – Berkeley.
- Research interests: feminism, philosophy, comparative literature.
Dr Keith Kahn-Harris
- Honorary Research Fellow
- Research Interests: Sociology of religion, Popular music, Jewish studies, ethnicity/race, dialogue, transgression, youth culture.
Professor Ian Parker
- Co-Director Discourse Unit, member of Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research, London Society of the New Lacanian School, College of Psychoanalysts – UK.
- Research Interests: Psychoanalysis, Marxism, social theory, critical psychology.
Dr Mihnea Panu
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts, Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario, Canada.
- Interests lie in the apparatuses that shape simultaneously truth, governing and identity and in the tactics that might open new political spaces within these densely populated strategic fields.