Our promise to you
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to study at Birkbeck. We want you to feel confident about applying for and enrolling on an undergraduate degree or certificate of higher education, knowing you can pay your fees by taking a government loan.
If you can answer yes to these three questions you can get a loan:
- Are you wanting to study for an undergraduate degree or certificate of higher education at Birkbeck?
- Is this your first time studying at this level?
- Are you classified as a Home/EU student?
With a loan, you will pay nothing upfront. The government will pay your fees, and you will normally start to repay after you’ve graduated and you’re earning more than £21,000. The loan is available regardless of age or income.
You can apply and enrol on a course at Birkbeck with confidence because:
- You know that you are eligible for a loan and can start your studies without paying anything upfront.
- You can get face-to-face support to help you apply for your course and your loan.
- Birkbeck will provide additional financial support including fee reductions and cash bursaries for students in financial need.
- Choose your course and apply now
- Check our tutorial on loans and other financial support
- Attend events and webinars about student finance
- Get more information on student loans and financial support
- Contact our student finance team
- What to do if you answered no to any of the questions above
- Read our news story about the launch of Our promise to you
Please note: this is subject to Birkbeck terms and conditions