Student support services in Stratford
As a Birkbeck student, you will have access to a range of dedicated student support facilities on-site in Stratford, including a well-stocked library, learning support services, computing facilities, support for students with disabilities, a Students’ Union and cafés. You can also access all the facilities and student support services – only a 20-minute Tube ride away from Stratford.
- You can: borrow books provided by Birkbeck in the UEL Stratford Library; consult books and journals in UEL’s reference collection; get on-site help with using the Library; and access electronic resources via the Internet.
- Find out more about UEL library facilities for Birkbeck students.
- You will have access to: over 400 computers at UEL’s new Computer Centre; IT support at the helpdesk (open until 9pm during term-time); and flexible learning materials to help you develop IT skills.
- Find out more about IT services for Birkbeck, Stratford students.
Students’ Union services
- There’s an active Students’ Union and you can:
- join clubs and societies
- access UEL Stratford bars and shops
- get discounts at a nearby leisure centre
- participate in excursions and UEL social activities
- Visit the Students' Union website.
- We provide advice on applying for the Disabled Students’ Allowance.
- Learning support advisers can give assistance on using the Library and IT facilities, and advise your School on support you need in lectures, seminars and examinations.
- Find out more about disability support at Birkbeck, Stratford.
Stratford student services and administrative teams
- The teams provide on-the-ground help with: application and enrolment; drop-in advice sessions; details of classes taking place in Stratford; and induction events for students studying in Stratford. Find out more about our key contacts for Birkbeck, Stratford.
- Most of our Stratford courses currently take place at the University of East London (UEL) Stratford campus on Water Lane (E15). Find out where we are based.
Advice and information
- If you are thinking about doing a course in Stratford but need advice and information before making a decision, you can come along to our drop-in advice sessions or our monthly lunchtime talks in Stratford. We also run dedicated information events throughout the year.
- We have dedicated advisers who will provide you with information and advice to enable you to progress to university for both undergraduate and postgraduate study. The service is open from Monday to Friday 9-5pm and Tuesday and Thursday evenings 5-7pm for booked appointments. Find out more.