We offer a number of highly relevant postgraduate taught and research programmes for students from India looking to take the next step in their education and improve their employment opportunities by gaining a prestigious University of London qualification.
English language entry requirements
- For the majority of postgraduate degrees, successful applicants must have met our English language requirements by the time they expect to start their studies.
- If you have recently studied successfully for an academic qualification taught in English, you may not be required to submit a language test. In which case, please indicate in your application that you want exemption from an English Language test.
Adademic entry requirements
- Master's degrees: Applicants will normally be required to achieve a first class/first division mark in their undergraduate programme at a good institution of higher education in India. At the discretion of academic departments, students with degrees awarded by top universities such as the University of Mumbai, University of Delhi, University of Calcutta, and University of Pune, may be accepted with high second class/high second division marks.
- Master's Foundation Programme: If you do not meet these entry criteria, but have achieved at least second class or second division marks at Bachelor level, then you may be considered for the London FoundationCampus Master's Foundation Programme (MFP). Students who successfully complete the MFP are welcome to apply for a range of postgraduate programmes at Birkbeck for the following intake.
- Research degrees: To be considered for entry to a research degree, applicants from India would normally be expected to have a Master’s degree from a well-reputed Indian university with a first class degree classification or equivalent.
Popular programmes for Indian students
- MSc International Business
- MSc Financial Engineering
- MSc Sports Management and the Business of Football
- MSc Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- MSc Advanced Information Systems and Management
- MSc Information and Web Technologies
- New-Route PhD Applied Linguistics
- View our full range of full-time Master's courses >>
- View all MPhil/PhD courses >>
Meet us in India
- Representatives from Birkbeck visit India three to four times a year to meet with prospective students, at British Council exhibitions or during admissions counselling sessions with our selected agents. Take a look at our events calendar for information on our forthcoming visits.
Trusted partner agencies in India
- We works with a network of trusted partner agencies who offer prospective students advice on selecting a course, making an application, and securing a visa for study in the UK.
- Edwise International branches in Mumbai (Metro, Santa Cruz, Malad, Thane, Marine Lines) Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Pune, Surat, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam (Vizag)
- Edu-Channel: branches in Mumbai (Bandra), Hyderabad, Chennai, Trivandrum, Vijayawada.
- International Placewell Consultants: branches in Jaipur, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai.
- GeeBee Education: branches in Mumbai (Churchgate, Andheri, Borivali, Thane) Pune, Ahmedabad, Kolhapur, Nagpur, Mangalore, Goa, Chennai, Ludhiana, Bhopal, and Coimbatore.
- Global Opportunities: branches in Delhi, Amritsar, Chandigarh, Batala, Jalandhar, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Visakhapatnam (Vizag), Pune.
|Mark Wilson, Head of International Recruitment and Retention, is responsible for enquiries and applications from India. Mark has been visiting India for the past seven years and has a broad knowledge of Indian qualifications. If you have a specific question about Birkbeck, Mark will be happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org