Autumn programme 2016
The Birkbeck London Semester Programme currently offers 16 modules which cover the humanities and the social sciences, offered during spring and autumn terms each year. Typically students study four modules or three and a work placement.
- The work-placement programme offers an exciting opportunity to work for a range of London businesses and projects.
- Birkbeck work placements involve a work assignment that might be as much as two full days a week, depending on the placement organisation. Placements are available in a wide range of fields, but some of the most common placements are in arts management, business, media and communications, and politics. Past students have had placements at top US companies, Parliament, British financial institutions, fashion designers, theatres and concert halls and prestigious media outlets.
- You will take a tutorial course and prepare a related academic research project. The placement replaces one module at Birkbeck.
- Aspects of Modern Art in London
- British and European Cinema
- British Art and Architecture in London
- Climate Change and Sustainable Business Practice
- Globalisation and Regionalisation
- International Business
- London in Literature, 1837-1984
- London: the Growth of a Modern World City
- Media Forms and Institutions in Britain
- Modern British Politics
- Modern British Society since 1945
- Modern Theatre and the London Stage
- Shakespeare in London
- Social Psychology
- Sports Business Management
- The Twentieth-Century British Novel