Whether you are applying for a Master's or an MPhil/PhD, you will usually be required to upload the following documentation as part of your online application:
- Passport details: upload a scanned image of your passport to the personal data page.
- References: it will speed up the application process if you include your references with your application. These can either be uploaded, or you can enter the email address of your referees, who will automatically be sent the Birkbeck reference form and guidance.
- Degree transcript: you are normally expected to submit a scanned copy of the documents with your application; if you are offered a place, you will be required to bring the original documents with you. If you are still completing a degree, you should provide a translated transcript of your progress to date and indicate when you expect to know the result of your current studies. This will allow us to make an initial assessment of your application.
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate: if we require proof that you have met our English language entry requirements, you will be required to upload your test scores. You can do this when you apply online, or after you apply.
- Funding/sponsorship details: If your employer or other organisation (sponsor) has agreed to pay all or part of your fees on your behalf, you will normally be required to upload a signed letter confirming their sponsorship.