Scholarships and loans
Birkbeck scholarships and studentships
Birkbeck is recognised for a range of academic studentships, most of which are administered by our Academic Departments.
International Office Merit Scholarships
- Unlimited number of scholarships (£2,000) for applicants from Thailand, Vietnam and India whose GPAs meet scholarship criteria. Deadline for applications: 30th August 2013. More info.
School of Arts
- Gordon Square International Awards: Two full or partial fee waivers, full-time or part-time, for outstanding international (non-EU) MA students. Deadline for applications: 22 April 2013.
Research studentships in the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy
- One Postgraduate Research Studentship up to a maximum value of £18,000 for a student studying an MPhil/PhD in the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy. Deadline for applications: 15 February 2013. More information and application details.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship is a merit and needs-based scholarship scheme aimed at students from developing Commonwealth countries.
Science Without Borders - Brazilian Government Scholarship Scheme
- Birkbeck is pleased to be one of a select group of British universities invited to participate in the Science Without Borders student mobility programme.
- Science Without Borders is a Brazilian Government scholarship scheme which aims to send 100,000 Brazilian students and researchers on undergraduate sandwich courses, PhD sandwich courses and full PhD programmes at universities across the world.
- The scheme is being administered by CAPES and CNPq on behalf of the Brazilian government, and is supported in the UK by Universities UK.
- Further information about how to apply can be found here.
Loans for US students
- Birkbeck is recognised by the US Department of Education for the purpose of receiving financial aid for US students, and is therefore eligible to certify loan applications for the William D Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.
- Find out more about our loans for American students.
Loans for Canadian students
- Students from Canada may be eligible for Canadian federal or provincial student loans:
- Birkbeck's institution code is PUEU.
- For more information or official College certification as part of an application for financial assistance, please contact the academic studentships team.