UK-based international students
We welcome applications from international students for our full-time and distance learning programmes.
Birkbeck offers over 140 master's programmes in the arts, sciences and social sciences, and a variety of high-quality MPhil and PhD programmes. There are around 700 full-time postgraduate students from over 100 nationalities at Birkbeck.
We are proud of our diverse student community, which is attracted by the College's reputation for research and teaching, and our location in Central London.
English language entry requirements
- For the majority of postgraduate degrees, successful applicants should have met our English language requirements by the time they expect to start their studies.
- If you have recently studied successfully for an academic qualification taught in English, you may not be required to submit a language test. In which case, please indicate in your application that you want exemption from a test.
Academic entry requirements
- View our standard academic entry requirements for Master’s and research degrees.
- Entry requirements for specific countries can be found on our country pages.
- If you do not meet these entry criteria, but have achieved at least second class or second division marks at Bachelor level, then you may be considered for the London Foundation Campus Master's Foundation Programme (MFP). Students who successfully complete the MFP are welcome to apply for a range of postgraduate programmes at Birkbeck for the following intake.
Tours and Open Evenings
- Birkbeck regularly holds Open Evenings at its central London campus. Our Open Evenings are an excellent opportunity to find out more about our courses, meet our staff and see some of the facilities on offer at Birkbeck.
- The International Office also gives tours of the campus to prospective international students. For more information, please contact Sarah Whitaker firstname.lastname@example.org.
College representatives in the UK
- We work with UK based representatives who can offer prospective students advice on selecting a course, making an application, and securing a visa for study in the UK:
3rd Floor, 211-213 Regent Street
London, W1B 4NF
- Education Consult Agency (ECA) UK
Belsize Business Centre
258 Belsize Road
Tel: +44 20 7316 1879
Sarah Whitaker is responsible for enquiries and applications from UK-based international students. If you have specific questions about studying at Birkbeck, or wish to arrange a tour of the campus, please email email@example.com.