Birkbeck is home to a growing number of students from Saudi Arabia studying on a broad range of programmes, including Management, Computer Sciences, Applied Linguistics and Finance. A number of our students from Saudi Arabia have been funded by the King Abdullah Scholarship Programme.
As a partner in the NewRoutePhD Consortium of UK Universities, Birkbeck also offers a flexible route to studying on research degrees in a range of subjects in the field of . and
English language entry requirements
- For the majority of postgraduate degrees, successful applicants must have met our English language requirements by the time they expect to start their studies.
- If you have recently studied successfully for an academic qualification taught in English, you may not be required to submit a language test. In which case, please indicate in your application that you wish to have exemption from an English Language test.
Academic entry requirements
- Master's degrees: To be considered for direct entry to a Master's degree at Birkbeck, you will normally be required to have successfully completed a four-year Bachelors degree from a recognised public or private university in Saudi Arabia with a minimum final percentage score between 70% and 75%, or marks on a GPA scale of 3.0 / 4.0 or 3.5 / 5.0.
- Master's Foundation Programme: If you do not meet the Master's entry criteria above, but have achieved a score of GPA 2.5+ at Bachelor level, then you may be considered for the London FoundationCampus Master's Foundation Programme.
- Research degrees: To be considered for entry to a research degree, applicants from Saudi Arabia will normally be required to have successfully completed a Master's degree with a final percentage score of 75%, or marks on a GPA scale of 3.0 / 4.0 or 3.5 / 5.0.
- Management MPhil/PhD
- Computer Science and Information Systems MPhil/PhD
- NewRoute PhD programmes in the field of Applied Linguistics and Communication
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc International Business
- MSc Finance
- MSc Human Resource Development and Consultancy