Whether you plan to move to the UK to study, or if you are already based in London, Birkbeck offers a range of highly relevant degrees at all levels of study.
Around 70 Nigerian students currently study at Birkbeck. Many benefit from our flexible, evening teaching model, which lets you make the most of your time at Birkbeck, and improve your emplnt opportunities by gaining a prestigious University of London qualification.
English language entry requirements
- If you have recently studied successfully for an academic qualification taught in English, you may not be required to submit a language test. If this is the case, please indicate in your application that you wish to have exemption from a test.
- For the majority of postgraduate degrees, successful applicants will have met our English language requirements by the time they expect to start their studies.
Academic entry requirements
- Master's degrees: To be considered for direct entry to a Master's degree at Birkbeck, you will normally be required to achieve an Upper 2nd class degree (2:1), a GPA of at least 3.5/5.0 or equivalent. If you are from one of the top federal or state universities with a 2nd class lower division (2:2) or GPA of at least 3.0/5.0 or equivalent, you may also be considered at the discretion of the department.
- Master's Foundation Programme: If you do not meet these entry criteria, but have achieved a GPA score of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent at Bachelor level, then you may be considered for the London FoundationCampus Master's Foundation Programme (MFP). Students who successfully complete the MFP are welcome to apply for a range of postgraduate programmes at Birkbeck for the following intake.
- Research degrees: To be considered for entry to a research degree, applicants from Nigeria will normally be required to complete a two-year Master's degree from an accredited university with a GPA of at least 3.5/5.0 or equivalent.
- LLB Law (also available part-time for those who are eligible)
- MSc International Business
- MSc Economics
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Finance
- MSc Human Resource Development and Consultancy
Meet us in Nigeria
- A representative from Birkbeck, University of London may attend British Council exhibitions in Lagos and Abuja during the month of February. Please check our events calendar for further details.