Birkbeck welcomes significant numbers of students from Hong Kong at postgraduate degree level. Our Hong Kong students study across a wide range of disciplines including Management, Marketing, Information Systems and Finance.
English language entry requirements
- For the majority of postgraduate degrees, applicants must have met our English language requirements by the time they expect to start their studies.
- If you have recently studied successfully for an academic qualification taught in English, you may not be required to submit a language test. In which case, please indicate in your application that you want exemption from an English Language test.
Academic entry requirements
- Master's degrees: We generally expect applicants to have a Bachelor's degree from a recognised university in Hong Kong with a minimum degree classification of 2.1 or 2.2. The grade we require may vary according to the subject applicants are interested in. We may also take relevant work experience into account.
- Master's Foundation Programme: If you do not meet these entry criteria then you may be eligible to apply for the London FoundationCampus Master's Foundation Programme (MFP). Students who successfully complete the MFP are welcome to apply for a range of postgraduate programmes at Birkbeck for the following intake.
- Research degrees: We typically expect applicants to have a Master's degree from a recognised university in Hong Kong with a good grade. A key consideration will be the quality of your research proposal. You must also meet our English Language requirements.
- MRes Computer Science
- MSc Advanced Information Systems
- MSc International Marketing
- MSc Management
- MSc International Business
- MSc Finance
- MSc Financial Engineering
- MPhil/PhD Management/Marketing
- MA TESOL
- MA Arts Policy and Management
- View all of our full-time postgraduate degrees >>
- View all of our full-time MPhil/PhD degrees >>
Meet us in your country
- The College usually visits Hong Kong to meet prospective students at specific education events (usually in March). Check our events calendar to see when we are visiting (link to Country Visits).
College representation in Hong Kong
We work with local representatives who offer prospective students advice on selecting a course, making an application, and securing a visa for study in the UK:
- BEO Ltd. (Hong Kong)
Room 602, On Hong Commercial Building
145 Hennessy Road
Tel: +852 2110-3835
- BEO Ltd. (Kowloon)
Room 2404, Righteous Centre
585 Nathan Road
Nongkok, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2110-3475/0276
- BEO Ltd. (New Territories)
23/F, Nan Fung Centre
Tsuen Wan, N.T.
Tel: +852 2110-3368/1319
David Tupper, International Students' Officer, has general responsibility for enquiries and applications from Hong Kong and visits on regular occasions. If you have specific questions about Birkbeck, or wish to arrange a Skype call with David, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.