Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Turkey can apply for direct entry to Birkbeck’s undergraduate degrees with:
- Devlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma) or Lise Bitirme Diplomasi (Private High School Diploma) from a private foreign language medium school, science high school or Anatolian high school with an average grade of at least 4.0/5.0; particular attention will be paid to relevant subject grades
- Önlisans Derecesi or Diplomasi (Pre-licentiate or Associate Degree) with a final GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants from Turkey who fall short of the minimum requirements may require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- For entry onto a Master’s degree, Birkbeck generally expects Turkish applicants to have a good Lisans Diplomasi/Mühendis Diplomasi from recognised state or private university.
- For programmes requiring a 2:1, a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent is required. Students from highly ranked universities with a GPA of 2.8/4.0 may be considered at the discretion of the department
- For programmes requiring a 2:2, a GPA of 2.8/4.0 is required.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Turkish degree classification (CGPA):
- 3.50 (alternative name: Yusek Seref; English equivalent: 1st)
- 3.00 (alternative name: Seref; English equivalent: 2:1)
- 2.50 (English equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Yüksek Lisans Diplomasi/Yüksek Mühendis Diplomasi from recognised state or private universities with a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent; students should have undertaken a thesis as part of their degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Contact us in Turkey
- BEB (British Education Bureau) Consultancy
tel: + 90 212 244 4000
Address: İnönü Cad. No:29 Saadet Apt. K:6, Gümüşsuyu, Beyoğlu, İSTANBUL
tel: +90 312 258 6323
The Paragon, Ufuk Üniversitesi Cad. No:3, K:23, Söğütözü, Çukurambar, ANKARA
tel: +90 232 323 1010
Address: Folkart Towers, Tower B. K:21, No.10, Manas Bulvarı, Bayraklı, İZMİR
- British Side
Tel: +90 212 327 5151
No: 91 – 34353 Besiktas
Tel: +90 (312) 466 4510/11
Tunus Cad. 48/4
- Edcon Education Consultancy
tel: +90 212 234 48 99 / 234 36 75
Address: Valikonagi Caddesi Saadet Apartmani, No: 64B Kat :1 Daire :3 34365 Nisantasi