Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Thailand with Mathayom/Maw 6 with high grades will usually be required to do a Foundation course before commencing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants with an associate degree or who have completed the first year of a Bachelor’s degree with a grade of 3.0+ may be considered for direct entry to a Bachelor’s degree at the discretion of the department.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Successful applicants from Thailand will usually have a minimum GPA of 2.8 or 3.0 in their Bachelor’s degree from a higher education institution recognised by the Higher Education Commission of the Thai Ministry of Education. The preferred GPA may vary from one subject to another. Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Thai degree classification:
- CGPA 3.80 (letter: A; alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- CGPA 3.30 (letter: B+; alternative name: Very good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- CGPA 2.80 (letter: B/C+; alternative name: Good/fairly good; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- Successful applicants will usually have a Master's degree with a final GPA of at least 3.2 from a higher education institution that is recognised by the Higher Education Commission of the Thai Ministry of Education. A key consideration will be the quality of your research proposal.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
- Birkbeck International Merit Scholarship: Birkbeck is offering a limited number of merit scholarships to suitably qualified students from Thailand, Vietnam and India who accept offers to do Master's degree programmes at Birkbeck, University of London, starting in September 2016.
Contact us in Thailand
- Hands On Education Consultants (Bangkok)
11th Floor Unit A–C
317 Kamolsukosol Building
Silom Road, Silom
Bangrak Bangkok 10500
tel: 02 635 5230
fax: 02 635 5231
- Hands On Education Consultants (Chiang Mai)
Unit 107 Phinyoping Mansion
199/9 Huay Kaew Road
Suthep, Muang District
Chiang Mai 50200
tel: +66 (0) 81 921 9019
- New Cambridge
16th Floor, Vanissa Building
29 Soi Chidlom
tel: 02 252 3133
fax: 02 252 3134
- Professional InterEducation Co. Ltd
Unit A2, 7th Floor, Siam Tower
989 Rama 1 Road
tel: 02 658 0730
fax: 02 658 0731
- Plan-it Consultants Ltd
Alma Link Building 10th Floor
25 Chidlom Ploenchit Road
Patumwan Bangkok 10330
- Mentor International (Bangkok)
16th Floor, Regent House
183 Rajdamri Road
tel: 66 (0) 2255 5157-9
- Mentor International (Chiang Mai)
4 Soi 7 Sirimangklajan
Chiang Mai 50200
tel: 66 (0) 5322 4603