Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Serbia who have completed Диплома о положеном завршном испиту/Diploma o položenom završnom ispitu (Diploma of Completed Final Examination) or a Диплома о положеном матурском испиту/Diploma o položenom maturskom ispitu (Secondary School Leaving Diploma) or a Диплома о стеченом среднем образованиy/Diploma o stecenom srednem obrazovanju (Diploma of Completed Secondary Education) can be considered for direct entry to an undergraduate course at Birkbeck.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements can consider a Foundation course, which allows students the chance to progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 5 (corresponding subject grades: A)
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4.5
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4.2
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4 (corresponding subject grades: B)
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.8
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.6
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.4 (corresponding subject grades: C).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for direct entry to a Master's degree at Birkbeck, applicants from Serbia would normally be required to have successfully completed a Дипломирани/Diplomirani (Bachelor’s degree) from a recognised Serbian university; case-specific decisions are made for students holding other post-school qualifications.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Serbian degree classification:
- 9/10 (alternative name: Excellent / outstanding; English equivalent: 1st)
- 8 (alternative name: Very good; English equivalent: 2:1)
- 7 (alternative name: Good; English equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.