Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Palestine will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Palestine would need to have completed a good Bachelor’s degree/ال ب كال وري وس (Bakalorius or ال ماج س ت ير (Master's degree) from an accredited university.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- An-Najah National University: 90–100; Bethlehem University: 90–100; Al-Quds Open University: 90–100; GPA: 4.0-3.5 (English translation or equivalent: Excellent = 1st)
- An-Najah National University: 80–89; Bethlehem University: 85–89; Al-Quds Open University: 80–89; GPA: 3.49-3.0 (English translation or equivalent: Very good = 2:1)
- An-Najah National University: 70–79; Bethlehem University: 80–84; Al-Quds Open University: 70–79; GPA: 2.9-2.5 (English translation or equivalent: Good = 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.