Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Oman who have followed the National Curriculum (Thanawiya amma) will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Oman would need to have completed a good Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Omani classification:
- Cumulative GPA: 3.30–4.00 (English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- Cumulative GPA: 2.70–3.29 (English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- Cumulative GPA: 2.30–2.69 (English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.