Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Moldova who have completed the Diploma de Bacalaureat (Baccalaureate Diploma) can be considered for direct entry to an undergraduate course at Birkbeck.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements can consider a Foundation course, which allows students the chance to progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 10
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 9.5
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 9
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 8.5
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 8
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 7.5
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 7.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Moldova must have completed a Bachelor’s degree/Diplomă de Licenţă or Diplomă de Studii Superioare (Diploma of Higher Education) from a recognised university.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s Degrees at Birkbeck.
- Moldovan degree classification
- 10 = 1st
- 9 = 2:1
- 8 = 2:2.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.