Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Mauritius will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants who have completed the Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate (OHSC) can be considered for direct admission; the university will consider the best 3 OHSC principal subjects (subsidiary subjects such as French and General Paper are not considered sufficient). Grades at Overseas Higher School Certificate will be considered entirely equivalent to British GCE A-levels.
- Students who have taken the French Baccalaureate will be considered on an individual basis, but admission is at the discretion of the department. Students may also gain entry to year 1 of our undergraduate degree programmes if they have successfully completed 1 or 2 years of an undergraduate degree with good grades (2.8–3.0 GPA, depending on the department).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Mauritius must have completed a Bachelor’s degree (Honours) from a recognised university.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university; schools may accept students with high grades in the undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
- Scholarships for students from Africa: Birkbeck is pleased to offer several scholarships to students from Africa who will be studying at either undergraduate or postgraduate level at Birkbeck during the 2016–2017 academic year.