Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Kuwait who have completed the the شهادة ال ثان وي ة ال عامة (General Secondary Education Certificate) will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Students taking a دب لوم / شهادة من ك ل يات ال ه ي ئة ال عامة ل ل ت ع ل يم ال تط ب ي قي و ال تدري ب (Diploma/Certificate from PAEET College) with an overall grade of Good (C+ or 2.5/4.0) may be accepted onto Year 1 of an undergraduate degree. Year 2 entry may be appropriate for students that have studied appropriate modules and achieved a GPA of 3/4 (or 3.75/5).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Kuwait must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Kuwaiti degree classification:
- 3.7-4.0 (alternative name: Distinction; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 3.3-3.6 (alternative name: Very good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 2.6-3.2 (alternative name: Very good; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree from a recognised university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.