Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Israel who have completed the Bagrut (Matriculation Certificate) can be considered for direct entry to an undergraduate course at Birkbeck.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 9 = comparable offer 90–100%
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 8.5 = comparable offer 85–89%
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 8 = comparable offer 80–84%
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 7.5 = comparable offer 75–79%
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 7 = comparable offer 70–74%
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 6.5 = comparable offer 65–69%
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 6 = comparable offer 60–64%.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Israel will usually have Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution in Israel. Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Israeli degree classification
- 90-100% (alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 80-89% (alternative name: Very good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 65-79% (alternative name: Good; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
- 50-64% (English translation or equivalent: Third Class).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master's degree from a UK university or a Master’s degree (Track A) from a recognised university in Israel.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.