Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Greece who have completed the following can be considered for direct entry
- Apolyterio of Geniko Lykeiou taken with Pan-Hellenic examinations with a final grade of at least 17/20 (equivalent to A-level grades BBC)
- Apolyterio of Geniko Lykeiou taken without Pan-Hellenic examinations with final grade of at least 17/20 AND at least 2 supplementary A-levels.
- Applicants who have completed a Foundation course can progress onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 20
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 19 (corresponding subject grades: 19 = A)
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 18.5
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 18 (corresponding subject grades: 18 = B)
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 18
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 17 (corresponding subject grades: 17 = C)
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 17.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Greece must have completed:
- Ptychio or Diploma of Engineering/Architecture (awarded by an AEI)
- For programmes requiring a 2:1: a minimum final grade of 7/10
- For programmes requiring a 2:2: a minimum final grade of 6.5/10.
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Greek degree classification:
- 8.5 (alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 7.0 (alternative name: Very good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 6.0 (alternative name: Good; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is usually a Master's degree from a recognised university in Greece.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.