Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Cyprus who have been awarded the Apolytirion when awarded after 6 years of study may be considered for entry onto some degree courses when they have obtained an overall mark of at least 17; students with a Devlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma) will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 20 (comparable offer: A = 19)
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 19
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 18.5
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 18 (comparable offer: B = 18)
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 18
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 17
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 17 (comparable offer: C = 17).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Cyprus must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree/Ptychion degree from a reputable university. Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Cypriot degree classification:
- 8.5 (alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 7.5 (alternative name: Very good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 6.5 (alternative name: Good; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- For entry onto our research degree courses students should normally have Master’s degree from a UK university or a recognised university in Cyprus.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.