Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Croatia who have completed the Svjedodžba o Maturi (Certificate of Maturity) can apply for direct entry onto Birkbeck’s undergraduate degrees.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
- Applicants from Croatia who fall short of the entry requirements may also complete a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 5 (corresponding subject grades: A = 5)
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4.5
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4.2
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 4 (corresponding subject grades: B = 4)
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.8
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.6
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer 3.4 (corresponding subject grades: C = 3).
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Croatia must have completed a Diplom Visokog Obrazovania or Baccalaurea with a minimum score of 3.8 from a registered university. Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Croatian degree classification:
- 4.5-5 (alternative name: Odlican (excellent); English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 3.5-4.49 (alternative name: Vrlo dobar (very good); English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 3-3.49 (alternative name: Dobar (good); English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
- 2-2.99 (alternative name: Third Class; English translation or equivalent: Pass).
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master's degree from a recognised Croatian university. Some departments also accept student with a first- or upper-second-class Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.