Undergraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for direct entry onto a Bachelor’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Colombia must have completed a 1-year Licenciatura or Título Profesional at a registered university with a GPA of at least 4.0/5.0. If a student has completed a Título de Técnico Profesional, entry is considered at the discretion of the department. If a student has completed the Título de Tecnólogo, Year 1 or Year 2 entry onto the course is possible but is at the discretion of the department.
- Applicants from Colombia who have completed the Bachillerato will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from Colombia must have completed a 4-year Licenciatura or Título Profesional or Especialista/Diploma de Especialización from a registered university.
- For programmes requiring a 2:1, students must have achieved a final GPA of at least 3.8/5.0 or equivalent
- For programmes requiring a 2:2, a final GPA of at least 3.6/5.0 is required.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Colombian degree classification:
- 4.00–5.00 (alternative name: Extremely high; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 3.60–3.99 (alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 3.20–3.59 (alternative name: Sufficient/good; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a research degree, applicants from Colombia will normally be required to have successfully completed a Master's degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
- 2017 Santander Scholarships: Birkbeck is pleased to offer various £5000 scholarships to students from Latin America who will be studying at either undergraduate or postgraduate level at Birkbeck during the 2017–2018 academic year.