Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Bahrain who have completed the Tawjahiya School Leaving Certificate (also known as Shahadat Al-Thanawaya Al-Aama) will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Bahrain who hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised Bahraini institution and a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 are eligible for entry onto a Master’s degree.
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Bahraini classification (cumulative GPA):
- 3.80–4.00 (alternative name: Excellent; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 3.20–3.79 (alternative name: Good; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 2.60–3.19 (alternative name: Satisfactory; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- For entry onto our research degree courses students should normally have a Master’s degree from a reputable university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.