Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Azerbaijan will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes. Students may also be considered with at least 1 year of an approved Bachelor’s programme from a recognised Azerbaijani university with a minimum 4 (out of 5) GPA or good. Although the offer will vary from subject to subject.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Students who hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum average grade of 4/B/Good or Master’s/Magister degree with a minimum average grade of 4/B/Good from a recognised university are eligible for entry onto a Master’s degree.
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master's from a recognised university in Azerbaijan.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.