Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Argentina with the Título de Bachiller will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28–30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Argentina who hold a good Bachelor’s degree (4-year Licenciado) from a recognised university are eligible for entry onto a Master’s degree.
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- Argentine degree classification:
- 9 (alternative name: Sobresaliente; English translation or equivalent: Excellent = 1st)
- 7.5 (alternative name: Distinguido; English translation or equivalent: Very good = 2:1)
- 6 (alternative name: Bueno; English translation or equivalent: Good = 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- Applicants who hold a Maestria (Master’s degree) can be considered for admission for PhD study.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
- 2017 Santander Scholarships: Birkbeck is pleased to offer various £5000 scholarships to students from Latin America who will be studying at either undergraduate or postgraduate level at Birkbeck during the 2017–2018 academic year.