Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants with the Baccalauria / Baccalaureate Certificate or the Vocational / Technical Baccalauria will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-Levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28-30, depending on the course.
- Afghan applicants who have studied the American curriculum can find entry requirements listed on the USA Country page.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Students with a Bachelor’s Degree from Afghanistan will not normally be considered eligible for entry onto a Birkbeck postgraduate course as this qualification is approximately equivalent to a UK Diploma of Higher Education.
- Students should have completed a UK Foundation Programme in addition to a Bachelor’s degree to be considered eligible for entry.
Research degrees entry requirements
- For entry onto a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Master’s degree with good grades and evidence of research experience.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.