Courses taught in Stratford
We offer a range of courses in Stratford:
- Undergraduate courses, 2017-18 entry
- Undergraduate courses, 2018-19 entry
- Modular Certificates of Higher Education, 2016-17 entry
- Short courses, 2016-17 entry
Start at the level that’s right for you, depending on your previous educational experience or qualifications. If you need help deciding which level would suit you best we offer a full range of education advice sessions.
Certificates of Higher Education
- Enter university without traditional qualifications by doing a University of London certificate first. Certificates are usually taught one evening a week at first-year degree level and can be used to progress to a degree.
- There are two main types of certificate: modular and programme. You can study a modular certificate at your own pace, taking one or two modules each year. Programme certificates have a set number of modules per year, although you can chose to study full- or part-time.
- Certificates usually combine compulsory and optional modules and feature learning and study skills support. This mix is ideal if you are returning to study after a break or are studying at university level for the first time and don’t feel ready to undertake a degree. We also offer a wide range of individual certificate modules as stand-alone short courses.
- Some certificates prepare you for direct entry to degrees in particular subjects:
- Higher Education Introductory Studies (1-year) offers pathways in: social sciences; social work and social care; and nursing, midwifery and health studies. If English is not your first language, the core Approaches to Study module is offered with an English language support option.
- Legal Method provides a thorough grounding in the range of skills required to study law at degree level. Successful completion enables direct progression to the Birkbeck LLB and credit for one LLB module.
- Life Sciences for Subjects Allied to Medicine, Mathematical Studies, and Physics and Mathematics prepare you for a wide range of BSc degrees and related professional training.
- Enter university without traditional qualifications by doing a Foundation Degree in the evenings, before going on to complete a full BA/BSc degree. There are two options: full-time for two years or part-time for two years plus two terms.
- We offer nearly six BA/BSc undergraduate degree subjects in business and social science subjects at Stratford. In many subjects you can choose to complete your studies over three, four or six years, all by studying in the evening.